(1) Which of the following is NOT one of the problems identified by Honey Report on Public Administration?
(a) Inadequate funds
(b) Certainty and confusion over the status of discipline
(c) Institutional shortcomings
(d) Lack of interaction between administrators and scholars
(2) Karl Marx criticized bureaucratic hierarchy as
(a) Hierarchy of knowledge
(b) Hierarchy of information
(c) Hierarchy of power
(d) Hierarchy of authority
(3) Which one of the following is NOT one of the five important functions performed in a society, according to Riggs?
(4) ‘Goal Congruence’ in administrative theory means
(a) convergence between different goals of the workers
(b) convergence between conflicting goals of the managers
(c) convergence between goals of the individuals and goals of organization
(d) convergence between the goals of various organizations
(5) Macaulay Committee of 1854 in
(a) Abolition of patronage
(b) Introduction of generalist civil service
(c) Creation of All
(d) Introduction of Merit System
(6) “Deligatus non protest delegare” in delegation means
(a) delegation cannot be protested
(b) delegation is harmful to an organization
(c) delegated functions cannot be delegated again
(d) delegated functions can be delegated again
(7) The System of Public Accounts Committee was adopted from
(8) Who among the following has distinguished between ‘responsibility’ and ‘accountability’?
(9) Propoganda is
(a) Communicating some vital information through public broadcast
(b) The informal communication network with in the organization
(c) A conscious effort to mislead people by persuading them to believe false information as true and correct
(d) A deliberate attempt by management to deceive the workers
(10) Which one of the following statements is NOT correct about the training of the personnel?
(a) training can be formal only
(b) it is an investment in human resource development
(c) it is a tool of improving efficiency of personnel
(d) it is to maintain the morale of the personnel.
(11) Consider the following:
In realizing social justice, public interest litigation is used as an effective tool because it makes the judicial process
1. less expensive
3. humane and judicious
Which of these are correct?
(a) 1,2 and 4
(b) 1,2 and 3
(c) 1,3 and 4
(d) 2,3 and 4
(12) Which one of the following pairs is NOT correct matched?
(13) In which of the following training methods, do the trainees expose their idiosyncrasies to their fellow-trainees who rub them off through mutual interaction?
(a) T –Group Method
(b) Case Study Method
(c) Syndicate Method
(d) Lecture Method
(14) Disqualifications for membership of municipalities are enshrined in the article
(a) 243 U
(b) 243 V
(c) 243 W
(d) 243 S
(15) The Central Council of Local Self-Government:
1. was established under Article163 of the Constitution.
2. was established by an act of Parliament
3. is an advisory body of municipal administration
4. was established by an order of the President
5. was established under Article 263 of the Constitution.
(a) 1 and 2 are correct
(b) 3,4 and 5
(c) 2 and 5
(d) 1 and 4
(16) Which among the following are true about cantonment boards?
1. This system of municipal administration is a British legacy in our country
2. they are set up under the resolutions passed by the Ministry of Defence
3. the Ministry of Defence exercises direct administrative control over them
4. it consists of elected members only
5. the executive officer of the board is appointed by the President of the Board.
(a) 3,4 and 5
(b) 2,3 and 4
(c) 1,3 and 5
(d) 1 and 3
(17) Which of the following are responsible for the decline of the district Collector’s prestige and authority in the post-Independence period?
1. Change in the form of the government
2. growth in the number of departments in districts
3. the emergence of panchayati Raj
4. change in the ends and objectives of the government
5. rise of commissionerate system of law and order administration.
(a) 1,2,3, 4 and 5
(b) 2,3 and 5
(c) 1,3 and 4
(d) 1,2 and 5
(18) Which of the following are not correct about CAG of India?
1. He is appointed by the President for a period of five years.
2. his salary and conditions of service are determined by President
3. he shall vacate office on attaining the age of 60 years
4. he can be removed by the President on his own.
5. he is responsible for maintaining the accounts of Central and state governments
(a) 3,4 and 5
(b) 1,2,3,4 and 5
(c) 1,4 and 5
(d) 2,3 and 4
(19) The attached offices are responsible for:
1. Providing executive direction required in the implementation of policies
2. serving as a repository of technical information
3. advising the ministry on technical aspects of policies
4. detailed execution of the policies of the Government
(a) 2,3 and 4
(b) 1 and 2
(c) 1,2,3 and 4
(d) 1,2 and 3
(20) Arrange the following tiers n the classification of accounting structure in proper order:
1. major head
3. sectoral head
4. detailed head
5. minor head